We are a fun, supportive, and team-oriented small animal hospital. Our externs will experience the typical caseload of a well-run multi-doctor private practice. We strive to provide our externs with valuable experiences that help improve their skills. Under the supervision of a mentor doctor, externs will provide wellness care, gather patient histories, perform physical examinations, develop diagnostic and therapeutic plans, assist in the management of medical cases, scrub into surgery, develop client communication skills, and generate appropriate medical records.
Our new 8,500 sq ft modern animal hospital features separate canine and feline sides, as well as, curbside and drop-off services. In addition to general wellness and a challenging caseload, our practice offers several advanced services for our patients such as: Internal Medicine, General Surgery, some Orthopedic Surgery, Dentistry, Theriogenology, Oncology, and Acupuncture. The average daily caseload is about 60 (predominantly canine and feline).
- Electronic Records (user friendly software)
- Full Digital X-ray (upgraded sensor and software 2020, gives fantastic images) (Not CR)
- Heska in-house lab equipment (chemistry, hematology, endocrinology, EPOC)
- Ultrasound – Doppler (planning to upgrade 2021)
- Well-equipped surgery suite
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented 4th year veterinary students. We expect extern students to be effective participants in our patient care activities while upholding the professional and ethical standards of our practice.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30pm
Duration: 3-weeks (available on a rolling basis)
- Enrolled in accredited DVM program
- In good academic standing
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Student Liability Insurance (free through AVMA student membership)